Kate Winslet Says I Will Never Give In To Cosmetic Surgery And It Goes Against My Morals


Actress Kate Winslet has gone one step further, taking a stand against Hollywood trends to form what she calls the 'British Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League'.

The starlet has already recruited two of her A-list pals – actresses Rachel Weisz and Emma Thompson, according to reports.

Kate Winslet reportedly told the Telegraph that she ‘will never give in' to cosmetic surgery, and wants to stand up by the pressures inflicted on actresses to stay young.

It goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty,' the actress, who is currently the face of beauty giant Lancome, said of the use of cosmetic surgery.

'I am an actress, I don’t want to freeze the expression of my face.'

And Miss Winslet’s close pal and Sense and Sensibility co-star Emma Thompson agrees.

The Oscar-winning actress said, 'we’re in this awful youth-driven thing now where everybody needs to look 30 at 60'. 'I’m not fiddling about with myself.'

Meanwhile, Rachel Weisz says that she doesn’t even like the result of botox treatments, favoured by fellow starlets Nicole Kidman and Demi Moore.

Kate Winslet said, 'people who look too perfect don’t look sexy or particularly beautiful'.