Paula Abdul Talks To Join Simon Cowell's Show 'The X Factor'


The actress Paula Abdul is in talks to join the judges panel on Simon Cowell’s upcoming FOX talent series , 'The X Factor'

Simon Cowell told Deadline, I’ve always wanted Paula. Always been very vocal about that. I missed her the second she left the show. Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain.

Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul appeared together on American Idol. I don’t know what it is about her, but I’ve always clicked with her. You just have to get that chemistry, and she’s right, says Cowell. I’ve never found anyone better than her.

Cheryl Cole, who appears as a judge on the British edition of X Factor, is also in talks to join the U.S. edition.

When I hired her initially, I’d only met her literally once when I offered her the job on British, X Factor. I thought she was bright, cute, knew what she was talking about, ambitious, Simon said.

She’s just got a great ability to communicate. She’s a great judge. She’s smart. It’s just a hunch. If people take to her like the British public did, I think she’s going to do really well in America.

Paula Abdul has previously claimed Simon Cowell is obsessed with her. Of course, I miss everybody. Yes I do miss Simon, she said.

I think you need to take mass off and put obsess-ive. Yeah he’s obsessed with me. He always talks to me, we will work together some how, some way. He’s an acquired taste but I love him very much.

Auditions for the U.S. version of 'The X Factor' are currently being held across the United States. The show is seeking undiscovered talent 12 years old or over, in solo artists or groups who will perform in front of the panel in hopes of winning a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music.


Check out 'The X Factor' audition promo below.

'The X Factor' Audition Promo