Olivia Wilde Finds The Red Carpet Inspiration At Ralph Lauren Show


American actress Olivia Wilde said she jetted from Kenya - where she was filming a documentary - to Toronto, where she was promoting a new film, to make her way to New York for fashion week, where she only attended one show.

'I'm really happy I made it because it was a very special show', Olivia Wilde said Thursday after watching Ralph Lauren's spring-summer collection come alive on the catwalk.

The 27-year-old Wilde sat on the front row and said it gave her a chance to find some inspiration for the red carpet.

Olivia Wilde smiled, 'there were so many red carpet pieces'. "It felt very ethereal and elegant and very modern woman, at the same time having a very classic, Gatsby feel."

The 'Cowboys & Aliens' and 'House' actress eyed Lauren's robin egg-blue georgette dress with beading on one hip. On the front row, she rocked an all-black ensemble highlighted by a diamond cutaway at the chest, explaining:

'I saw it and was like, that's what I want to wear. For me it feels like something I would wear around New York'. Which she did.