Avril Lavigne Rejects Madonna Comparisons






Avril Lavigne has responded to being compared with Madonna by saying they are "totally different".

The Canadian singer Avril Lavigne releases her new album 'Goodbye Lullaby' next month, says she doesn't like being compared to other artists, and feels the Madonna comparison is unfounded. Speaking on the 'Kyle and Jackie O Radio Show', the 26-year-old said she admired Madonna's ability to reinvent herself, but did not see any similarities between herself and the 'Material Girl' star, saying, I definitely don't like being compared to other people. Madonna is Madonna and I'm totally different to her. I think what she has done is really great. She has worked really hard and had a wonderful career and balanced that out really well with having a family. Lavigne noted that, unlike Madonna, she is shy and reserved, saying, I'm a really shy, introverted person and I was very young, I was like a kid, I was 17 on my first record and I was doing interviews and I really did hate doing them, but my record company made me do so many, and I didn't like it.

Avril Lavigne, who divorced from her husband Deryck Whibley, the SUM 41 singer, back in November 2010, released the first single from her new album 'Goodbye Lullaby' on 11th January 2011.